Wine is for sipping, but slushies are for slurping. And that's just what you'll get if you freeze rosé wine - frosé - a frosty pink wine slushie that practically exudes summer vibes. We guarantee this recipe will have you saying, "Frosé all day" all summer long.
The McFaddens crafted this dry rosé from 100% Pinot Noir. It packs all the flavor and complexity that the grape can muster in a bottle. From the rose petals, cherry and cotton candy to the slight peach in the finish, it delivers on all levels and is ready to crush a fresh albacore steak with lemon zest and thyme.
- Bottle of rosé wine (Rosé, 2020 Fontaine.)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur
- Lemon wedge (for garnish)
- First, pour the rose´ into ice cube trays. A standard bottle of wine should fill up two trays. Place the ice cube trays in the freezer and allow the wine to freeze. It'll take about four hours or so.
- Add the frozen wine cubes to a blender as well as the simple syrup, lemon juice and elderflower liquer. Blend, pour and garnish each glass with a lemon wedge.
Rose, 2020. FontaineItem #: R0421R2DC