This recipe has been provided by: Sunday Supper Pinterest: @thesundaysupper
Grilled Chuck Steak with Compound Garlic Butter
Ingredients for the steak marinade:
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 6 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic and 2 cloves of garlic separately. Reserve the 2 minced cloves for the garlic butter.
- Add 4 cloves minced garlic, 4 Tablespoons olive oil, 5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Stir to combine completely using a fork or a small whisk.
- Place 4 chuck steaks in a cake pan or flat-bottomed dish and pour the marinade over the top. Toss until the steaks are completely coated. You can also use a plastic container or even plastic bags if necessary.
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the pan and set in the refrigerator for 24 hours to marinate.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill.
- After the steaks have marinated for 24 hours place them on the uncovered grill in the direct heat. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Move the steaks to the indirect heat, cover, and continue to grill until they reach your desired level of doneness. It is important that the steaks are cooked, but be careful not to overcook them, or they may become tough. The safe internal temperature for beef is 145 degrees. This can be checked using a grilling thermometer.
- Remove the chuck steaks from the grill, then place a pat of compound butter on each one and allow it to melt. Let them rest for a few minutes as the butter melts before cutting into strips and serving.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- Place 1 stick of room temperature, unsalted butter in a small bowl. Add 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, and 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme. Stir to combine using a fork or hand mixer.
- Scrape the butter out of the bowl onto a piece of plastic wrap, then roll it into a log shape. Pinch the ends of the plastic wrap to hold the butter together.
- Place the butter log in the refrigerator and allow it to harden.
Wines to pair:
N1020R1DC Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018. Conjecture
Retail: $28 WOMC Price $14.99
B0121R1IF Bordeaux, 2016. Chateau Cotes De Bonde
Retail: $30 WOMC Price $13.99