Bordeaux, 2017. Tertre de Lisse

Bordeaux, 2017. Tertre de Lisse

Item #: B0321R1IF
Vintage: 2017
Varietal: Bordeaux
Vineyard/Appellation: Bordeaux, France
Color: Deep Magenta
Nose: Violets, Plum
Palate: Rich Berry
Finish: Luscious
Rating: 97
Cellaring/Serving Suggestions: Now thru 2025/Red Meat, Game/13.5% Alcohol by Volume

Enter your "ship to" name or log in to your address book.
Comparable Price: $30.00    Log in for LOWEST PRICE!
  • Description
  • Reviews

Our selection comes from the Lavau family of Chateau Bernateau and boasts eight generations of making wine in one of the most revered appellations in the world, Saint Emilion. They own six chateaux here, a rather impressive number given the reputation and stature of Saint Emilion. Almost all are Grand Cru, the highest designation.

The Bordeaux classification of 1855 left out the right bank wines and those wineries weren't very happy about that. So, they decided to make their own, but instead of a hierarchy like the left bank with First, Second, Third Growths and so on, they decided to have just one. Basically, they said "It's either grand, or it's not." Nobody seems to argue. Unlike the 1855 classification, Saint Emilion updates the ranking every 10 years to make sure everyone is making the best wine deserving of the status.

The town of Saint Emilion was established during the Middle Ages. It was a time when bandits and marauders were pillaging any town they could. Saint Emilion, being in a strategic spot, built a wall around the town to keep them safe. The wall withstood and protected them for more than a thousand years.

Merlot dominates the blend here. In some years it can be 100%. Our vintage selection gets pretty close, at 95% with Cabernet Franc accounting for the other 5% of the blend. The power of the Bordeaux soil is unmistakable. From ripe, black plum to cassis and berries, it pleases at every turn and would do amply for a chateaubriand or pheasant.

Close