Domaine Thillardon is run by the Thillardon brothers, young winemakers who saw a world of opportunities in the Les Brureaux area, in the heart of Chenas. This is the smallest and least known Beaujolais denomination but through biodynamic and ecological techniques, they have managed to recover abandoned vineyards and produce deliciously fruity wines.
The wine is made from vines planted in granite, quartz and alluvial soils. These are old vines aged between 60 and 90 years old that are cultivated using biodynamic practices and no chemical products. When the grapes reach optimum ripeness, they are harvested by hand.
In the winery, the Domaine Thillardon Vibrations grapes macerate for 20 days. They are then pressed and the resulting must ferments with native yeasts. Finally, 40% of the wine is aged in old barrels and the remaining 60% in concrete and stainless steel tanks.